Thursday, June 2, 2011

Perspective Brings Perseverance

People (mostly Starbucks customers) ask me almost everyday why I'm so happy, or why I'm always smiling. 
To be honest, I've always been very smiley.  I don't know why but I've always looked on the bright side, been an optimist, whatever other cliches you can call it. 
My resting face is a smile, I feel weird when I'm not smiling or laughing.  
I accepted Jesus into my heart when I was 4 years old so there's always been a light in me without me really understanding it or crediting the source of it.  Who knew that it would be my biggest witness!?


When an older gentleman asked me about it for the second time the other day I told him, "it's the joy of knowing Jesus" 
yeah...
he had no idea what I was talking about and promptly left the store.
BUT he was drawn to it and I know he's probably wondering
"what in the world was the girl talking about?"


Now, I'm really good at making fun of Christians and all their little "sayings" and I have best friends who would've made fun of me for saying that but in all truth that is why I'm so happy all the time,
that is why I can let little things go!
It's because I know the Creator of the universe and I'm looking forward to Heaven everyday
every hour
every minute
every second!
I CaNnot WaIt for eternity!
I can't HelP but smile and get excited when my mind goes there even just for a second.


My husband even asked me the other day how in the world I was almost ALWayS in a good mood.
Really?
Well babe, it's because everyday I'm closer to heaven.
it's because everyday God tells me He loves me, 
specifically, 
right to my heart 
because I choose to hear Him
It's because all these people I come in contact with everyday are loved by the same God who loves me so it only makes sense to treat them like my brothers and sisters.
Sure, some are annoying and some are rude but Jesus thought of them while He was on that cross just as much as he was thinking about me.
And hey, sometimes I've been annoying and I've been rude.


Perspective can change you whole life.  
It helps you not only to see whats in front of you but gives you vision for what's to come.
If I had no idea why I was here on earth, in 2011, in LA of all places, I probably wouldn't be so happy. I might be a little confused.
But I know why I was created.
and I know its not over til its over
and until its over I have a lot of great things to do
and a lot of great things to look forward to.


"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God (which means I am seated at the right hand of God) Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died (when I chose to give my life to Christ) and your life is now hidden with Christ in God (holla). When Christ, who IS YOUR LIFE, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory (we're gunna be lookin' good church!)"
Colossians 3:1-4


I like to personalize this one:
" Since, then, I have been raised with Christ, I set my heart on the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  I set my mind on things above, not on earthly things.  For I died and my life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ, who IS MY LIFE, appears, then I also will appear with him in glory."
Can I get an amen?:)

No comments:

Post a Comment