Monday, June 27, 2011

I Put On Christ (The Battle is Raging) - Laura Hackett LYRICS


I just love this song! I had to share it with whoever would listen!

Here are the lyrics:

Jesus Christ who gave himself for our sins
That he might deliver us from this present evil age...

For the battle is raging
The devil is raging
And I don't want to be sleeping
While the battle is raging
For my spirit is willing
But my flesh gets tempted
Rise up, my soul, and start praying
'Cause I don't want to be defenseless

I don't fight as one beats the air
Give me eyes to see and ears to hear
(repeat 3x)

Oh God

(repeat: For the battle is raging...)

(repeat: I don't fight...)

I put on Christ
Make no provision for my flesh
Put on the whole armor of God
Leave no open door to darkness
And I take the scroll
I eat the scroll
I open up my mouth
And speak forth Your word
And I take the sword of the spirit
(repeat)

Blessed be the Lord my Rock
Who trains my hands for battle
Who trains my hands for war
(repeat 3x)

(sweet guitar solo)

I don't fight as one beats the air
I have eyes to see and ear to hear
(repeat 2x)

It doesn't have to be a blind battle
'Cause I have the mind of Christ


No comments:

Post a Comment