Tuesday, August 9, 2011

He is my ROCK

After viewing my last post again and listening to the words at the end I see now why that was my prayer.  Recently there was a storm in my life but I wasn't shaken and I was not moved, I was not destroyed.  I know my Daddy so well that I can trust him when everything is out of my control.  When I don't understand why something is going on I know that He is going to use it for my good.  I know that God is a refiner and a cleanser, sometimes it takes fire to burn something to the ground so that God can erect something better on a flat foundation.
  My God is my Rock.  He sustained me through difficult times, He held me close and gave me vision for what would be the final result of what was taking place.  He gave me a new boldness which I have been praying for, He was so present that at times I wanted, and thought that I'd break down, I couldn't I was so at peace with Him.
  If His Word wasn't written on my heart I know that it wouldn't have been that easy.  If I had no revelation of His love, I would have done something out my flesh that would have caused me damage later.
 It's so important to know God, its so important to invest in that relationship because it will govern all of your other relationships.
We sing this song at church and though I haven't heard it in a while I woke up with it in my head:

When the oceans rage and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know (our God is an Awesome God)

I kind of thought going above the storm was too much of an easy way out but now I understand how with Him I soared above.  I still knew what was going on and it was still hard but I wasn't caught in it and it didn't soak me. He cares for us.  He is a loving Father.  My earthly dad wouldn't let me get soaked in a storm he would do all that he could to keep me dry and God has already done everything to get us through hard times, He's given us his Son, He's given us his Word and He's given us his Spirit.  All it takes is accepting and believing that what He says is true and that He is who He says He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment